Intellectual Capital

More than half of the IMF's borrowers between 1965 and 1995 were no better off than when they started. A third were actually poorer. Almost all were deeper in debt.

- FORTUNE, 25 May 98

You have no control over the hand that life deals you, but how you play that hand is entirely up to you.

- Voltaire

All greatness comes from suffering. - Naval Ravikant

You have to be willing to go to war with yourself and create a whole new identity.

- David Goggins



Introspection was greatly enhanced returning the Southern Hemisphere Home.

The comeback to build a business in Manantiales, Uruguay requires complete clarity & spiritual awareness.

Going for it in life with all your heat is essential. Should you run into a few speed bumps > Much less Road Blocks > learn to enjoy a little dose of healthy pain. You are still alive.

Everyday Gratitude, Health Focus and Research / Balance Sheet. Remain cash flow positive, accretive & Anti-Fragile. Resist Centralization & Connivence.

Riding & Surfing while embracing past tacit knowledge [boots on da ground] has opened up new ideas and investments for the portfolio.

Massive Arbitrage in the Exploration / Prospect Generation & Royalty businesses. More on this in Part II.

For now > Closer to the goal and to help create a service for the local economy with a team who wish to empower others.

Gracias / Ciao - Cristó bal

New things in Old Places & Old Things in New Places…



___________________________________________________

Notes > > >

Veterans court allowed travel with an H Motion to clear a past motorcycle DUI in 2021. Preparing for the long flight allowed me to review a document letter inside the hard drive of my iPad:


Losing my father in 2017 was a signifiant challenge where I wasn’t able to convey to him - or show him - the success we would have seen today. Despite the huge advances in our family capital [we never lost principal] I felt overwhelming failure for the down years from 2013 into 2015. Ironically the assets are at record levels and the thesis was more than intact. The reason for this point is my drinking and selfishness resulted in more of a close minded dogmatic mindset which put my family under unnecessary stress. I recognize my exposure to much of Tower 1 exploding with people holding on to girders for life combined with the financial crash of 2001 had an impact on my career and was only another reason to find a healthy path to ensure clarity and spiritual awareness. I’ve let go the feeling of some I felt that I couldn’t help and focus on the positive aspects of every exposure in life. My time at 6 months meeting with a couple of counselors at VVSD has helped in tremendous ways to facilitate a much more positive outlook including time spent with my mentor Stu and AA sponsor Ray Francis who knows my family personally. Again, nothing but gratitude to all who have helped me continue the transformation. AA speaks of continued process vs perfection.


Probably couldn’t let the court know of my true awakening watching the boys of CIA Deutsche Bank partying at a local cafe after a most prosperous day [09.01.01]. Judges rule from the Bench [Bank in Latin].

Letting go of the past & harnessing experiences for the future is what this blog and potential book is all about. As much as I’ve been working in my body and balance sheet it’s only become crystal clear how important a solid piece of mind is to function with extreme clarity.

The now fiancé & I planned to check on all properties / future projects.

Coming out of 6 months incarceration was only the beginning of letting go.

Family recently asked what plans were ‘to get a job’ when leaving California… Incredible how the family has never seen the southern hemisphere much less conceptualize past entrepreneurial ideas. All good. Staying safe & recency bias can become toxic to the brain.

Comments

Popular Posts