Gratitude

“If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.” - Bruce Lee

“There’s no substitute for acting. In the business vesting or in the business of life, thinking is not going to do it for you. Thinking is just rehearsing, you must learn to act.” - Richard Russell - Dow Theory Letters

___________

My cousin used to call me ‘a businessman’ when discussing my experience in New York City. Friends often called me a ‘financial guy’ when I went to work for a large investment bank while living out of a 2002 VW Eurovan in Del Mar, California. When renovating a historic 105 bungalow in the former mining town of Jerome, Arizona some locals often referred to me as a ‘corporate guy’ (the truth was I was a one of a select few new younger people in an emerging artist community who held a traditional job). When living in San Francisco as a Naval Officer I was seen as a ‘military person’ (much less a baby killer - something amusing as a Supply Officer). It’s often quite amusing when people define others upon initial inspection.

It became clear to me in my 20’s that I wasn’t going to live a traditional life. My excitement cultivated when I started to learn that a contrarian lifestyle could play a positive role on my lifestyle and future goals. Finding an external perspective as an explorer fostered many unique friends and experiences. Not recommending the path I have taken thus far to younger people but for me there has been no regret.

“Ninety-nine percent of who you are is invisible and untouchable.” - R. Buckminster Fuller

I’m convinced this is an exciting time which can be seen as a huge opportunity. Twenty plus years ago I learned to completely put away my preconceived notions projected upon me through many traditional institutions and seek a path of principal to serve others while living to the extreme. Many mistakes were made along the way but the chance to continue to learn and be ready for the ‘next set’ of opportunities is a blessing from God.

Surfing is a passion again reclaiming proper balance. Past strategic actions have provided the vision to open California Sur in Manantiales with a potential Posada (small Inn) with an ocean view. The Endless Summer May be possible as planned for a two hemisphere business. Design / Build in this unique part of the world as a proper canvas was always a long term goal.

A good friend who was a composer gave me some great advice in arguably one of America’s greatest cities back in 1998 - San Francisco, California: “Go forward and find a way to be a better architect, designer & builder... surf everywhere possible remaining humble. Learn from specific elders of good philosophy who have acted accordingly - Creating wealth while empowering others.

Wishing you all the best moving forward in preparation for what my friend Kelly called ‘The Ultimate Ride.’

Carpe Diem -

Christopher




Comments

Popular Posts